TOR for Consultancy Services to Conduct Core Life Skills Training for Youth in Hargeisa
Shaqodoon is a local NGO founded in 2011 to create innovative and long-lasting solutions to Somalia/Somaliland youth employment challenges. The organization designs deliver and evaluate innovative programs to address some of the local communities’ most urgent challenges in livelihood skill training, education, and health.
Purpose of Core Life Skills Training
Shaqodoon Organization will contract a training provider to train 100 youth (50% f/m) aged between 15-30 on Core Life Skills. The main objectives of conducting Life Skills Training is to equip Youth – employment seekers with the desired knowledge, skills and attitudes related to life skills including but not limited to: work ethics, conflict resolution, goal setting, understanding of employment and professional skills that is essential for their career development.
Specific Objectives of the Assignment
- To build the capacities of target young men and women as related to basic life skills, work ethics, discipline management, employability skills and gender mainstreaming.
- To contribute to workforce development through providing skilled and disciplined human power that meet the labor market demands and requirements of the private companies & public sector
- To enable young men and women to clearly understand about the importance of soft skills
- To support the trainees to develop assertiveness and good motivation so that they can practically apply work ethics when they get decent jobs
- Develop training work plan based on the training curriculum and the ToR.
- Adapt a tailored training manual, power point presentations, handouts, and links to deliver effective training for youths to make them ready for employment.
- Conduct pre-training and post-training evaluations, and include the results in the main report;
- Conduct minimum of 12 hours training per week for four weeks*.
|TRAINER 1||TRAINER 2||TRAINER 3||TRAINER 4|
|CLASS 1 – 25 trainees||CLASS 1 – 25 trainees||CLASS 1 – 25 trainees||C CLASS 1 – 25 trainees|
*A trainer is allowed to conduct up to 24 hours of training per week. Days, times and size of class may vary.
- Training Methodology should be; Participatory and interactive, use mini-lecturing/ trainees centered method, Use demonstration and simulation materials, Group work/discussion and individual activities
- Develop success stories and case studies to record the achievements of the trainees
- Take daily youth attendance and share with Shaqodoon’ s assigned Project Team.
- Submission of weekly training report (as agreed).
- Submit detailed report on the delivery of the training programme along with pre and post evaluation results, group work exercises, and photos;
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experiences:
- An application letter, detailing your understanding of the ToR, skills and experience required to implement this activity.
- Updated CV.
- Technical reference of pervious similar works.
- Your daily/monthly rate to conduct this activity.
Other skills and qualifications:
- The consultant should have a minimum of degree in social sciences or related fields of study;
- Relevant work experience, especially in NGO Environment, and in relation to vulnerable youths and women;
- Adaptability and flexibility in working within complex and dynamic environments.
- Ability to deliver high quality products in a timely manner.
- Experience in dealing with the issues of basic life skills, work ethics, discipline management, employability skills and gender mainstreaming;
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in conducting similar activities including trainings, adapting trainings guidelines or manuals.
- Practice effective teaching methodologies in life skills, especially interactive and experiential teaching.
- Proven experiences and capacities to develop inter-personal skills, life skills and behavioral assertiveness to improve the living conditions of vulnerable youths
- Proven capacity to develop practical training guidelines and programmes; experience in documentation, reporting and evaluation of training programmes; and have strong linkage with the private sector
Reporting and Documentation
The training service provider will maintain proper documentation process of the training, evaluations and quality of the training through standard template. In addition, the contracted consultant is expected to share training related data to Shaqodoon including achievements of training deliverables.
Shaqodoon will affect the payment on the awarded contract based on achieved outputs, submission of comprehensive report and as per Shaqodoon financial rules and payment conditions that will be stipulated in the Service Contract.
Interested consultants who meet the conditions specified herein are invited to submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Core-Life Skill Training” in the subject line of the e-mail, to reach us no later than 20th November, 2020.