Building Resilient Communities in Somaliland (BRCiS) – DFID SHARP (2018-2022)
CONSULTANCY TERMS OF REFERENCE
SAND DAM SITE SURVEY AND DESIGN IN CARRACAD (BORAMA DISTRICT, AWDAL REGION, SOMALILAND)
Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Concern engages in long-term development work, responds to emergencies, and seeks to address the root causes of poverty through development, education and advocacy work.
Concern Worldwide is a member of the Building Resilient Communities in Somaliland (BRCiS) consortium and is currently implementing the DFID-funded Somaliland Humanitarian and Resilience Programme (SHARP) for the period 2018-2022. The programme goal is to enhance the resilience of vulnerable and marginalized communities to recurrent shocks and stresses and engage in sustainable nutritionally sensitive livelihood strategies.
The BRCiS Consortium’s approach to building resilience has been anchored in 5 main pillars:
- BRCiS operates in a collaborative and effective manner, identifies innovative programme approaches and ways of working, and utilizes learning to improve programme design and implementation
- Vulnerable communities have the capacity to withstand shocks through diversified livelihoods, social safety nets and human capital development
- Youth, women and vulnerable groups have diversified productive livelihoods, protected assets and equitable economic opportunities
- Communities and local stakeholders have the capacity to mitigate the impacts of future shocks through effective management of natural resources, community integration into local governance, and strong social cohesion
- Population has improved nutritional status through access to WASH, health and nutrition services, and awareness of good health, nutrition, and hygiene practices