KEY ROLES & RESPONSABILITIES
- Conduct community mobilisation and sensitization meetings with relevant partners and community-level leaders to introduce the project and involve the community in project design;
- Support the development of assessment tools and lead the different research actions, and provide analysis and interpretation of the findings and translate into the project interventions design;
- Coordinate and network with local government departments responsible for agriculture, livestock, nutrition, trade, and other NGOs in the same area of intervention;
- Lead the implementation of all agriculture and livestock-related activities and provide technical support and input;
- Identify private sector partners or opportunities that improve farmer access to input and output markets;
- Liaise with other project teams and staff to ensure that all the project interventions are well-coordinated and prioritized;
- Support the Program Manager in reviewing of work plans and to complete necessary project narrative reports;
- Ensure systematic and timely collection of agreed project data (according to the project logical framework and MEAL plan) and its accurate analysis
- Draft all project narrative reports;
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness and impact of activities and make recommendations for improvements in collaboration with the MEAL team;
- Report to the line manager on successes and drawbacks of the project.
· Performs other relevant tasks as assigned by the Programs Manager
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, Economics, Agriculture and Livestock, Development Studies, or any relevant social science from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the implementation of agriculture and livestock development activities.
- Excellent technical knowledge of policy and practice in the field of livelihoods, crop and livestock production as well as other cross cutting issues.
- Excellent understanding of system approach to ending persistent acute malnutrition.
- Computer and basic administrative and organizational skills is a plus.
- Professional work experience at national level in project management.
- Coordination and management skills.
- Excellent command of (read, spoken and written) and of Somali (spoken).
- Excellent writing skills including the ability to compose, edit, analyze and reports in English.
ETHICS AND PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE
· Respect and promote SIF’s policies and agree to comply with SIF Code of Conduct and ensures Child Safeguarding standards are upheld.
· Report to your line manager any discrepancies of SIF’s policies among the team or partners
· Maintain confidentiality at all times.
How to apply
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, 3 references) to the attention of: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please use word or PDF format) not later than Friday 04th, June 2021. The position title ‘Project Officer’ should be indicated on the subject line.