Terms of References for Consultancy to Carryout Outreach, Assessment and Support for in School and Out of School Children with Disability to Improve Opportunities for Access to Quality Education
- BACKGROUND SOMGEP-T
SOMGEP T is a four-year project running from May 1st, 2017 to October 30th, 2021 Implemented by a consortium led CARE. SOMGEP-T partners with schools, communities, individual students, opinion leaders and Ministries of Education (MoEs) in Somaliland, Puntland and Galmudug. The project addresses the barriers that prevent marginalised girls, including girls with disabilities, from enrolling in school; and works with communities and schools to develop sustainable solutions for girls to attend school regularly, acquiring literacy and numeracy competencies as well as transition to new education levels. The project also seeks to develop girls’ agency and life skills, enabling them to apply their knowledge to contribute to the socio-economic development of their communities as they transit into adulthood.
The project addresses the barriers that prevent marginalised girls, including girls with disabilities, from enrolling in school; and works with communities and schools to develop sustainable solutions for girls to attend school regularly, acquiring literacy and numeracy competencies as well as transition to new education levels. The project supports teachers, school leadership and parents to boost retention at primary school; plan for transition; and help girls to stay in school and succeed in learning once they transition into new education levels. The project also seeks to develop girls’ agency and life skills, enabling them to apply their knowledge to contribute to the socio-economic development of their communities as they grow into adulthood.
In view of the support to mainstreaming support to children with disabilities the project is procuring service providers with expertise on disability mainstreaming to carry out outreach, assessment and support for in-school and out-of-school children with disabilities to improve opportunities for access to quality education.
- EXPECTED DELIVERABLES AND SCHEDULE
- To mobilise families, communities and professionals in a specific project area, create awareness and enlist their support towards sustainable support for children with disabilities through inclusive education and disability mainstreaming building on training gender and disability mainstreaming and inclusive education for policy makers, teachers and CECs.
- To expand support for Children with disability through psychosocial support, occupational therapy, physio-therapy and support from social workers where this services are available from qualified service providers through
- Conduct outreach mobile home, school/village visits to conduct professional assessment and outreach activities by qualified professionals for children with disabilities.
- Carry out assessment of girls with disabilities for placement in regular schools or referrals to special needs facilities and medical facilities based on the need assessment.
- Facilitating skills transfer to parents/caregivers of children with disability.
- To provide assistive devices and equipment through expert advice and support in order to ensure beneficial use of the materials and avoid doing harm.
- To execute an effective referral system leading to professional provision of specialised Equipment such as Hearing Aid, Mobility and Visual Aids informed by needs identified.
- To provide follow-up psycho-social counselling, occupational therapy, physiotherapy informed by assessment.
- Activity reports including inception, monthly, quarterly and special reports ( e.g. outreach strategy, skills transfer to individual parents/caregivers) related to the work implemented.
Six Months from March 2020 to August 2020
· Track record of disability engagement focus work i.e. Past experience of provision of community outreach, assessment support and referral of children with disability.
· Physical presence in either or all of the following geographical areas of Somaliland, Puntland and/or Galmudug.
· Availability of a combination of two or more of the following professionals service providers i.e. psychologists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, special education specialists, Inclusive education specialists and social workers.
· High level of professionalism including subscription of organization/service provider to and adherence of staff to the principles of Do No Harm, confidentiality, safeguarding and child protection.
· Added Advantage – demonstrated ability to leverage own or access to materials for supporting for children with disabilities.
The budget prepared by the bidder should cover all the activities outlined above, Bidders are required to provide a fully costed proposal in the form of a price schedule that as a minimum should include:
• Sub-total of fees for the delivery of any task or deliverable;
• Expenses and overheads broken down by the project cost categories;
• Reasonable adjustment costs; and
• Total costs before and after any taxes that are applicable.
Bidders are required to provide a payment schedule on the basis of milestone payments for the successful delivery of each deliverable.
- SUBMISSION INFORMATION
Proposals should include the following:
• Technical proposal – bidders approach to the assignment with milestones.
• Qualifications – how does the bidder meet the qualifications, including CVs of all key involved persons?
• Financial proposal taking into consideration all factors such accommodation to target locations and professional consultancy fees and cost of equipment/devices etc.
· Should you need any further questions about the TOR should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 February, 2020
Technical proposal that demonstrates clearly (Understanding of the TOR and the task to be accomplished, Draft work plan) and Financial Proposal with email subject “Consultancy to Carryout Outreach, Assessment and Support for in School and Out of School Children with Disability to Improve Opportunities for Access to Quality Education” shall be sent electronically to email@example.com on or before 27TH February, 2020 by 5pm Local Time.