SOS Children’s Villages Somalia is a non-governmental social development organization that has been active in the field of childcare, children’s rights and committed to children’s needs. It is an active member of the worldwide federation of SOS Children’s Villages International, the umbrella organization of all national, independent SOS Children’s Villages Associations (based in Innsbruck, Austria since 1949). SOS Children’s Villages Somalia (referred to as SOS CV Somalia) has been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS CV Somalia focuses on the provision of alternative care, support vulnerable children, their families and their communities who are affected by the emergencies such as prolonged civil conflict, chronic drought and frequent floods that caused famine, mass movement and displacement of populations.
Since 2018, SOS CV Somalia has tremendously expanded its emergency programmes and established new offices in three different regions (Bakol, Lower Shabele & Middle Shabelle) apart from the one that was based in Mogadishu. The main purpose of this assignment is to review the efficiency and adequacy of the current existing MA Somalia organizational structure to fit organizational direction, purpose and carry out a systematic job re-design and job analysis of the duties, tasks and responsibilities of each employee at National and Locations level, including the necessary qualifications, skills, knowledge and abilities an employee needs to adequately perform his/her job at SOS CV Somalia in order to ensure staff have the relevant competencies required with the aim of improving the quality of our programmes for children and their families.
3. Specific Objectives
The specific objectives of the terms of reference is to:
I. Evaluate the adequacy of staff size and skills at the National office and the Locations & other departments in regard to the execution of Mid-term plans and the strategy 2030.
II. Conduct a systematic job analysis of the duties, tasks and responsibilities of 524 employee including the necessary qualifications, skills, knowledge and abilities a person needs to adequately perform his/her job to SOS CV Somalia
III. Identify existing gaps and ensure no complex reporting lines, no duplicated roles, reduced layer of hierarchy and communication to enhance productivity, accountability and quality of service delivery.
IV. Identify which tasks/services can be outsourced and propose recommendation that will be to the best interest of the organization.
V. Based on the Findings, update & amend all Job descriptions; including mergeable positions with close collaboration to the relevant departments.
4. Scope of work
A detailed draft report covering the objectives indicated above to be delivered to SOS CV Somalia and presentation to the Management, which include the following:
ü Meet with the relevant participants to plan an initial schedule to ensure that all the relevant processes are done within the set period.
ü Review of staff information
ü Review of the current existing National structure and both locations
ü Interviews with National management team members and location team
ü Prepare baseline data capturing each Individual file contents such as, profile of the staff, joining date of SOS, all previous experiences, different role held in SOS, Age etc.
ü Develop survey questionnaires and meet selected sample employees
ü A job analysis on each position identified to include a job description job title, purpose of the job, responsible to and from, main duties, subordinates from each department.
ü Assess departmental functions including number of staff required, and required work load.
ü Impact of each position on the overall performance of the organization.
ü Site visit for physical verification.
· Holds regular business process improvement workshop with key stakeholders to review business process flows and to develop preliminary ‘to-be’ processes.
· Based on the output of the workshop develop;
a. Presents highest-level process steps by step analysis, notes on jobs designs and the relevant analysis and notes additional sub-processes that may be required.
b. Redesign job process flows and provide sub-process details for key designs and indicate how the jobs are positioned.
· An inception report detailing the methodology to be used, key deliverables, deadlines and present to the management.
· Regularly update to the HR team on weekly base for their necessary guidance and support.
· Present first draft report to the Extended National Management Team for their inputs.
A final report to be presented to National Management Team incorporated inputs from the first draft report.
5. Geographical coverage area
The assignment will undertake 4 regions Banadir Regions ( Heliwa, Wadajir , Dharkenley and Dayninle districts) , Bay region ( Baidoa ) Bakool region ( Hudur) and Lowershable ( Lafoole).
6. Time frame
The consultancy will be for a maximum of 60 days effective from date of signing of the contract.
· 8. Profile of the Consultant & Criteria for submission of proposal
· The consultant has to demonstrate that he/she has a track record of more than five (5) years of experience in Human Resource Management to Not-for-profit organizations and /or For-profit organizations in humanitarian work and emergency situations.
· List the same type of job analyses implemented so far, with reference of the clients.
· Have the ability to do practical experience in job analyses good interpersonal and management skills and strong conceptual and analytical skills.
· Have Bachelor‘s Degree or (masters preferred) in Human Resource Management or related field from a reputable university.
· Have a track record of capacity to deliver in insecure environments (such experience in Somalia will be considered a plus).
· Have strong communication skills in English and Somalia;
· Have ability and willingness to travel field office.
· Have computer proficiency including Microsoft packages e.g excel .
· Attach all supportive documents which would prove consultant/ institution capacity.
9. Your proposal should include the following at minimum.
- CV of the main consultant;
- Your understanding of the Terms of Reference
- A Module for job analyses components
- A activity work Plan; methodology and foreseen logistical arrangements;
- Proposed comprehensive budget to cover all required activities; and
- The proposed consultant must, at minimum, have qualifications and experience indicated above
- The technical proposal shall provide a description of the consultant including an outline of the consultant’s recent experience on similar undertakings
10. Financial proposal
- The financial proposal should list itemized details of costs associated with the assignment.
- Should express all proposed costs in US Dollar (USD).
11. Contractual issues, Procedures & Logistics
- SOS CV Somalia and the consultant will enter into a contract highlighting the terms and conditions of the consultancy including payment modes.
- SOS CV Somalia will avail any reference documents that the consultant may require
- The consultant will work closely with SOS CV Somalia’s Human Resource Manager and NMT team
- All relevant documents should be submitted to SOS CV Somalia’s National Office in Mogadishu upon completion of tasks both in hard and soft versions.
How to apply
Interested Consultants/Institutions who meet the conditions specified herein are invited to submit their technical and financial proposals including proposed work plans, CVs of lead Consultant(s) and a clear demonstration of understanding and interpretation of this Terms of Reference (TOR) on: email@example.com and indicate in Job re-design and Analysis for SOS CV Somalia the subject line of the e-mail, to reach us not later than 18th November,2020