Oxfam is at the forefront of integrating technology at the core of its programmes in order to uncover new and innovative ways of working and new ideas to achieve impact at scale for people living in poverty in Somalia.
Oxfam has been implementing WASH related training programs to community health volunteers (CHVs) to further expand the knowledge and the capacity of the communities. But due to the disruptions caused by the COVID19 draws attention to need for innovative modalities that enable remote training platforms at all times with heightened security and data protection enabled to support engagement of community volunteers.
In conjunction with OXFAM Somalia country office , consultancy firm will take the lead in developing.
- Interactive learning platform for WASH and other crucial learning modules that have features with the objectives outlined below.
The main overall objective is to design and develop scalable online training platform accessible both mobile and web, that will provide training contents to volunteers in the remote villages. This will be included providing Oxfam Somalia team an administrative portal to upload training contents and track completions.
1- Develop interactive Web/Mobile app : **
- Design and develop an online training platform that have necessary features of uploading training contents, provide content to the users, chat & discussion forums, interactive quizzes, customized certificates and able to handle 20K + users.**
- The system must have admin portal that Oxfam team can trace course enrolments, completions and can generate reports.**
2- Technical training on app management and troubleshooting:
- The consultancy firm must provide training for the team and develop documentation for the app.**
- The consultancy firm must also provide All necessary troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrading and security services.**
Approximately 30 working days, starting 18th July 2021 until 18th August 2021 ( the start/end date of the assignment may change due unescapable circumstances in this case revised timeframe will be set with joint shared agreement of both parties).
- Data protection: the consultancy firm must be responsible for the privacy of the users’ personal data transmitted in to the system, and in general the system must be compliant with GDPR. No third-party content or advertising on the service that may automatically record user data. **
- For sustainability the consultancy firm must hand over the system to the Oxfam team at the end of the project, and the system will be property of Oxfam.**
Qualifications & Experience.
1- Similar work minimum 7 years’ experience for App Developments for consultant/firm.
2- Masters Degree in ICT/Computer science for the lead/ technical consultant.
3- Recognized Certifications Web/App Design and development for the lead/ technical consultant
4- Company/Firm profile including previous work experience under taken
5- Registration, Tax clearance for the registered country.
6- A Demo would be done as part of Selection Process.
7- Technical and Financial Proposal with detailed Methodology and budget breakdown including sales tax ( 6% for national consultant/firm and 12% for international consultant/firm)
How to apply
The consultant must meet the above-required qualification and experience. Interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit a detailed technical proposal, including a detailed work plan, a proposed budget for the assignment. Similar previous work conducted will be a necessary. All applications should submit on or before the deadline via SOM-Consultancies@oxfam.org.