- THE COMPANY
Conflict Management Consulting provides services in Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), research and technical assistance in fragile, conflict and post-conflict areas. We work for international organisations, governments and civil society, deploying multi-national and highly specialised teams of experts. Our in-house staff and global network of consultants have provided services to clients in the thematic fields of stabilisation, peacebuilding, migration, conflict sensitivity, humanitarian action and governance, focusing on the humanitarian-development nexus, as well as expertise on violent extremism (VE).
- THE JOB
CMC is hiring a Senior Consultant experienced in providing Capacity Building on Statistics and Country-wide data collection, to act as Team Leader on the long-term assignment “Statistics Development Support for the Somalia National Bureau of Statistics.”
The overall objective of the assignment is to provide technical support to The Somalia National Bureau of Statistics (SNBS) in three regions of Somalia, in order to enable the institutions to effectively conduct, supervise and coordinate the statistical activities in the areas under their jurisdiction.
- SCOPE OF WORK
As Team Leader you will be working closely with a team of long-term and short-term experts under the assignment to provide technical assistance to the Somali Government in general and the SNBS.
Your tasks will include to:
- Advise the Somali government on the legal and institutional framework for the statistical development of national statistical system.
- Advise the Somali government on production of a confidential policy that is consistence with the new Statistics Law.
- Advise the Somali government on the recruitment of staff having the right skills mix including gender balance.
- Advise senior management of the SNBS on principles and best practice in relation to strategic planning and management for results for official statistics service providers.
- Organize and conduct staff training on data collection, processing, and analysis of, economic, social and demographic statistics.
- Training staff in report writing, management, dissemination and archiving of data to be utilized by planners, policy makers and head of institutions.
- Provide technical guidance to staff in use of internationally recommended methods and standards for data collection, processing and dissemination tools (techniques) and practical implementation of knowledge acquired in the field.
- Design a system of Monitoring and Evaluation of statistical development and prepare the Terms of Reference for Somalia Statistical Working Group, the body that would be responsible for such task.
- Provide technical documents related to the technical assistance.
- Supervise the work of all consultancy firm’s Experts working on the project.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- At least a master’s degree in Economics or Statistics with strong background in Macro Economics, Socio-Economic Data Analysis, and Development Policy Formulation, Planning, M&E. Additional Degree in Management would be an advantage.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in conducting quantitative socio-economic research, policy formulation, and development planning. (required)
- Proven experience in providing capacity building to international or national organizations, donor agencies, and/or governments (required)
- Good and demonstrated capacity for organization, management with excellent reporting and coordination skills. (required)
- Work experience in or with national statistical agencies in Africa is an advantage. (desirable)
- Working experience in Somalia is an advantage. (desirable)
Leadership and Self- Management:
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view;
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly focused on ability to build and maintain personal and institutional relations;
- Strong written skills, particularly focused on the ability to produce high quality written documents; in English.
- Cultural and political sensitivity and the ability to exercise sound judgment.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- The position is a home-based long-term consultancy contract over a period of 24 months starting March 2023.
- Travel to Somalia, if the security situation allows it, is expected during the inception phase, and bi-annually throughout the period of the assignment.
- WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
Working for CMC provides an excellent career opportunity. You will be part of a global and growing team, and you will be on a steep learning curve, expanding your thematic and technical skills, as well as gaining experience with a large variety of national and international clients. CMC is to a large degree driven by our shared commitment to doing interesting and important work. We offer a competitive salary.
How to apply
- HOW TO APPLY
If all of the required sections apply to you, please visit https://cmcconsulting.altamiraweb.com/ and send an application by Wednesday, February 8th 2023.
Please include the following:
- A one-page cover letter;
- A CV in any format, including two professional references which CMC could contact.
Interviews will take place on rolling basis, and we might close the selection before the deadline, so we encourage applicants to send their applications as soon as possible before the deadline. Only complete applications including all information requested above will be considered.