Specific Procurement Notice
Request for Bids
(One-Envelope Bidding Process)
Country: FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF SOMALIA Name of Project: Somalia Urban Resilience Project II (SURP-II) Contract Title: Construction of Kismayo City By-Pass Roads 5.9 KM (Package one). Grant No.: (P 170922)
RFB Reference No.: SO-KM-170333-CW-RFB
1. The Government of Somalia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Somalia Urban Resilience Project (SURP) II and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Construction of Kismayo City By-Pass Roads (Package one). For this contract, the Borrower shall process the payments using the Direct Payment disbursement method, as defined in the World Bank’s Disbursement Guidelines for Investment Project Financing.
2. The Kismayo Municipality now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the Construction of 5.9 km of roads of 6 m wide carriageway, side drains and 1.5m wide sidewalks in the City of Kismayo. The scope of works includes:
Site clearance and topsoil stripping Earthworks (approx. 47,000 m3) Construction of sub-base (225 mm), Stabilized gravel base (150 mm), Asphalt concrete surfacing (50 mm), Lined side drains (Inverted block drains with double slabs, approx. 2300m) Pipe culverts (approx. 450m) Sidewalks with concrete paving blocks (approx. 3,000 m2)
Installation of solar powered street lighting (approx. 45 No. poles) Road furniture. Construction of a storm water drainage system Installation of erosion control and erosion protection works (gabions, stone-pitching and grassing) Provision of road safety campaigns and related training for prospective road users Onsite and offsite environmental and social safeguards management and monitoring
The construction period will be fifteen (15) months and a Defects Liability Period of Twelve (12) months.
3. Bidding will be conducted through open national competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” dated July 1st 2016 revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
4. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from;
SURPII COORDINATOR Kismayo Municipality Email address: email@example.com
and inspect the bidding document during office hours 0900 to 1500 hours from Saturday to Thursday at the address given below.
The bidding document in English may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of One hundred US Dollars Only (USD 100). The method of payment will be a direct deposit to Bank. The account details are as follows:
Bank Name: Salaam Somali Bank
Account Name: SUIPP-AF
Account Number: 32585252
Once the payment is received, the document will either be sent by email (PDF version) COURIER at the cost of the bidder or PICKED-UP at the PIU Office, Kismayo Municipality.
5. A Pre-bid meeting shall be conducted by the Employer on 15th June, 2020 at 1000hours Moqdisho time at PIU office, Kismayo, Somalia.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 5th July, 2020, at 1000 hours Moqdisho time. Electronic Bidding will be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on 5th July ,2020 at 1000hours Moqdisho time
7. All Bids must be accompanied by a BID-SECURING DECLARATION using the form included in Section IV, Bidding Forms.
8. “Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.”]
9. The address(es) referred to above is:
PIU COORDINATOR PIU Office, Kismayo Municipality, FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF SOMALIA