Request for Proposal (RFP)
YOU CAN OPEN OR VIEW THE FULL DOCUMENT USING THE LINK BELOW:
Nutrition-Sensitive Agriculture (NSA) Training to 250 beneficiaries farmer in 5 Villages in Jowhar District, Somalia
Locations of the action: Jowhar District, Somalia
Duration of the action: 1 months
Objectives of the action
Implementation of a Nutrition-Sensitive Agriculture (NSA) programme to diversify agricultural production and strengthen the nutritional status of young people, women, and internally displaced people
The European Committee for Training and Agriculture (CEFA) is an International Non-Governmental Organization established in 1972 and active in 10 Countries in Africa, Latin America and Eastern Europe. CEFA’s medium- and long-term interventions in agricultural, environmental and Human Rights sector are focused on the sustainable development of the communities, achieved by involving local counterparts and by promoting the active participation of the beneficiaries.
2. Overview of the project
The consultancy is part of the AICS funded project “REBOOT – (dib u bilaw) – From Food Security Emergency Relief to Economic Development of Jowhar’s Agricultural Sector led by CEFA and financed by AICS
The overall objective of the actions to to contribute to strengthening the resilience to recurrent climate, economic and social shocks of rural communities in food insecurity in Somalia.
The specific objectives of the action to strengthen and diversify the livelihoods of rural communities at risk of severe food insecurity (CPI 2-4) in Jowhar District through the adoption of sustainable agricultural production and water management practices
Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture is an approach developed by FAO that aims to integrate agriculture and nutrition. The aim is to prevent malnutrition through the production and consumption of a diverse range of high-protein and vitamin-rich foods that address the nutritional deficiencies of beneficiaries by supplementing and supplementing their diets and eating habits.
3. Objectives of the consultancy
The main objective of the consultancy is to coordinate, supervise, guide and monitor the training of 250 beneficiaries in 5 different communities on Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture (NSA) to diversify agricultural production and strengthen the nutritional status of young people, women, and internally displaced people.**
To achieve the stated objective, CEFA wishes to engage a qualified and experienced consultant company to execute the assignment on contract basis. The consultant shall have a proven track record and extensive hands-on experience in training in agriculture techniques, specifically related to NSA in Somalia. The consultant shall have good knowledge and understanding in working within smallholder farmers in implementation of Horticultural and NSA projects in middle and lower Shebelle regions of Somalia.
4. Description of the works
· Training on NSA to 250 beneficiaries (selected by CEFA staff in accordance with local authorities and village communities in between, Women are part of the nutrition intervention, therefore women affected by MAM and SAM and/or mothers of malnourished children, both among the local population and displaced; Women head of the family, both among the local population and displaced persons under Reboot project)
· Training Agenda, that will include: LAND PREPARATION, PLANTING METHODS, MANAGEMENT PRACTICE, CROP PROTECTION PRACTICES, FERTILIZER MANAGEMENT, IRRIGATION WATER MANAGEMENT, HARVEST, BASIC NUTRITION DIETS, WHAT iS MALNUTRITION, BASIC of FOOD SAVETY.
· The 250 beneficiaries will be divided in 5 groups of 50 farmers per village. Each group will be trained per 3 consecutive days, with demonstration and practical exercise on agreed agenda and work plan.
· A training report (with activity pictures) shall be sent to CEFA within one week after the completion of the training. Supportive documentation as attendance list signed by trainees, per day, minutes of the discussions, they will be attached.
· A staff member from MoAI would be monitoring the implementation of the activities daily
5. Scope of the consultancy
The bidder will carry out the following specific task:
- Prepare a Methods of Statement and related workplan
- Liaise with the CEFA staff and community villages and village committees to identify the beneficiaries
- Training in respective areas on Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture 250 beneficiaries on greed topics and agenda
The Consultant shall prepare and submit to CEFA an inception report containing, Methods of Stamens and Workplan and the final completion report. All reports submitted must be approved and countersigned by the CEFA staff. The final report will contain the description actual work done, beneficiaries reached and related attendance lists signed by beneficiaries, minutes during the open discussions, general outputs, pictures during the activities conducted
7. Qualifications and Experience of the consultant staff involved
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in field activities, preferably in development projects in the Agriculture/Food Security sector.
- Bachelor’s degree or in agriculture or high school diploma with at least 4 years of work experience.
- Previous experience in
- Good oral and written knowledge of English and Somali.
- Excellent knowledge of the Somali context, in particular of the project area (Jowhar District).
- Been legally registered in Hirshabelle state.
8. Statement of the duties and responsibilities of the client
CEFA will be involved from the beginning of the consultancy and will work closely with the consultant. Other technical officers from CEFA will be engaged in the exercise whenever necessary- at the project cost.
CEFA will be responsible to support the consultant during the period in:
· Processing payments.
· Arranging for the site meetings and any other discussions as may be needed.
9. Consultant’s Fees and Payments
The fees agreed upon between CEFA and the consultant shall cover the wages and salaries, transport costs, accommodations the Consultant engaged for the delivery of NAS training.
In proposing the level, timing and type of professional staff, the Consultant will take due account of the requirements of the terms of reference and will consider all relevant factors that affect the cost of the assignment.
The payments for supervision of construction works shall be done on deliverables as follows:
Updated workplan and methodology 20%
20% ( up to 150 beneficiaries reached)
10. Duration and Timeline of the consultancy
Generally, the proposed timeline for the implementation is as follows
Updated workplan and methodology 1 week
Progress reports 1 week
Final report 1 months
YOU CAN OPEN OR VIEW THE FULL DOCUMENT USING THE LINK BELOW:
How to apply
Please submit your Technical and Financial Proposal using the forms provided for this purpose within this Request for Proposals (RFP). Your proposal should comprise one (1) original and one (1) copy of both the technical and financial proposals to the address provided below.
The Technical and Financial proposals shall be submitted no later than 5.00pm EAT of 24/03/2021 to the address below:
CEFA Regional Office in Nairobi
Brookside Close, off Brookside Drive, Westland Kenya
Attention to: Francesco Riedo – CEFA Program Manager
Or alternatively to the following email address: email@example.com