REQUEST FOR QUOTATION (RFQ)
|NAME & ADDRESS OF BIDDER:
|DATE: March-8th 2021|
|IRS/Strengthening Agricultural Resilience in Awdal project ( SARIA) /2021|
Dear Sir / Madam:
Islamic Relief is an International humanitarian organization that has been working in Somaliland since 2010. We are committed to achieving our core vision of caring for the people of concern in all countries where we work. Our goal is to provide vulnerable communities in Somaliland with access to basic needs including Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Education, Basic Health services and Livelihood Support.
Islamic Relief Somaliland Office is currently implementing an integrated climate change and environmental protection project named (Strengthening Agricultural Resilience in Awdal project) targeting 6000 farmers in Awdal and Marodijeh regions. It aims to build their resilience and recovery from the impact of recurrent droughts and desert locust infestation. The project will distribute drought-tolerant seeds and tools, agricultural practices and technologies to catalyst productivity. This will improve household income by diversifying livelihood income sources and the capacity, market coordination and network. The project will run for 18 months implementing a climate-smart agricultural practice that can be scaled and replicated in other parts of the country. The project objective is to mitigate food insecurity and improve resilience in the target region. The key activities include: Provide agricultural farm inputs including the provision of seed varieties and tools to address food insecurity to target beneficiaries in the targeted villages, provision of tools and capacity building activities for the relevant government ministries and community members in the targeted villages, provision/ restocking of livestock assets to selected pastoral dropouts, the formation of cooperatives and rehabilitation of key agricultural infrastructure. The project will work target farmers living in Kidiga Dhanaan, Gees Dheere, Dhalaada, Jidhi villages under Gabilay district of Marodijeh region and Mago-cad, Sharafwayne, Old Baki, Ruqi and Baki villages under Borame and Baki district of Awdal region. Islamic Relief Somaliland office Invites a sound Capacity bidder for supply of agricultural Seeds and Farm tools with high Quality to delivery above mentioned villages as detailed below table
Interested Contractors/suppliers with sound capacity and relevant experience in similar work are hereby invited to submit their bids in an envelope clearly marked on them the tender reference number as above
- Partial Documents will not be accepted
- Tender envelop should be sealed, stamped and indicated tender reference
- Company Profile with detailed physically verifiable contact address
- Most recent Bank statements (showing last 3 months transactions/ account movement and current balance).
- Quotation price
- Relevant Registration certificates Bay region and Baidoa District Commissioner (DC)
- Valid Commercial license
- Evidence of Past Experience in similar work with UN/INGOs.
- All bids should be written in English.
- The above agricultural Seeds and Farm tools will be delivered to Kidiga Dhanaan, Gees Dheere, Dhalaada, Jidhi villages under Gabilay district of Marodijeh region and Magalo-cad, Sharafwayn, Old Baki, Ruqi and Baki villages under Borame and Baki district of Awdal region -Somaliland.
- Bidder should be ready to distribute the agricultural seeds and farming tool commodities at the above-mentioned distribution sites.
- Germination rate of the Seeds will be tested by Somaliland Ministry of Agricultural development before the delivery of the seeds to target sites, and any seeds which have less than accepted 85% of germination rate will not be accepted. After the seed tested the supplier should take certificate letter from Ministry of Agricultural Development (MOAD) which revealing the tested seeds with their germinated rate.
- Each distribution to be conducted for a minimum of One (1) day or two days depending on the distribution plan developed by the project team.
- Distribution dates will be communicated to the successful bidder at a later date.
- The bidder will be responsible for the security of the Farm tools and seeds until it is fully handed over to Islamic Relief staff in the field.
The deadline for submitting bids is 13th March, 2021 at 4:30 P.M and any tender or documents received later than this date and time will not be accepted. The sealed RFQ should be dropped at Islamic Relief Hargeisa Office Tender Box. All the bidders should sign our bid receipt form placed next to the tender box. Islamic Relief reserves the right to accept or reject any bid without assigning any reasons.
Kindly collect the RFQs from Islamic Relief Office in their respective places as detailed below;
Field Office, I/Koodhoor District, Jigjig Yar, North of Mansoor Hotel, Hargeisa, Somaliland, Tel: +2522570877
|Function and titleHamda Khadar Ibrahim
CONTACT ADDRESS: Tell: Hargeisa Office: 570877,4157486,0634848333
Sign & Stamp
Use this Request for Quotations for your quotations and make sure you stamp this document.
Name of Bidder: ______________________________
Authorized signature: _________________________________
Name of authorized signatory: ___________________________
Functional Title: __________________________________