a) Auditor will check the accounting records and Financial Statements prepared in compliance with SOS Accounting Standard and National Laws.
b) Audit will cover all units / programmes.
c) Audit will cover all the following items in its scope:
· All types of income of all the units / programmes. This includes:
- PSA Subsidies
- International Sponsorships
- Local fund raising income
- Operational income (school fees)
- Government Subsidy and
- Any other income (bank interest, donation in kind etc.)
It is emphasized that subsidy received from PSAs must be booked in prescribed accounting codes and properly shown in Financial Statements.
· All kinds of expenditure including the running cost and investment for all the programme units.
· All the assets and liabilities.
· The statistical data of beneficiaries and employees and spot checking of this data on test basis.
· All the relevant documents to get convinced about the correctness and completeness of accounting records. Auditors may also seek third party evidence (confirmation from suppliers) as and where felt appropriate. It is strongly recommended that bank balance confirmation is obtained by auditors from the bank.
· Physically verifying the assets to make an informed opinion.
· Evaluating the internal control system. Any shortcomings must be reported.
a) Figures of the previous year will be mentioned in the financial statements for comparison purpose and must match with previous year’s audited figures.
b) Auditor will maintain the audit working papers and they shall remain in the custody of Audit Company, for the period as defined by the local laws.
c) A draft of Audit Report, Management letter and the findings to be discussed in a proper debriefing session.
d) The total projected annual expenditure is approximately $ 9,000,819.99
e) All documentation will be accessed from Mogadishu while the field visits will include both or one of Benadir and Baidoa locations of Somalia.
How to apply
The proposal should be submitted by email or hard copy to the below address by C.O.B 10th July 2021:
The Procurement committee
SOS Children’s Villages Somalia
Wadajir District, Off Airport Road
Bulo Hubey P.O Box 599