BBC MEDIA ACTION
BBC Media Action is the BBC’s international development charity. We are headquartered in London and have an office in Hargeisa, Somaliland.
BBC Media Action is soliciting proposals from qualified auditing firms to conduct an audit for a Somali Women’s Economic Empowerment and Transformation (SWEET) project funded by NORAD.
The period of the audit is from January to December 2020. Total approximate expense for the project period is 4,730,350.48 Norwegian Kroner.
The audit needs to start by late March 2021, a draft audit report submitted by 30th April and a final report submitted by 15th May.
SCOPE AND LOCATION **
The audit shall be conducted in Hargeisa, Somaliland, at the place where the project’s bookkeeping is done. Documents will also be sent from Nairobi where some of the country programme leadership sits and some of the bookkeeping is also done and our head office in London.
· Draft complete audit report.
· Copy final complete audit report.
· Copy of audited financial statement.
· Proposed management letter for BBC Media Action Somalia
- Evidence showing minimum of 5 years’ experience of INGO audit.
- Certificate of incorporation as Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- License/ability to operate in Somalia and Somaliland.
- Evidence showing minimum of three audit experience with Standards of Auditing (ISA) 800 (“Special considerations audits of financial statements prepared in accordance with special purpose frameworks “) or ISA 805 (“Special considerations audits of single financial statements and specific elements, accounts or items of a financial statement”).
- Evidence showing a minimum of three audit experiences auditing projects funded by International Institutional donors (such as but not limited to NORAD, DFID, ECHO, EU and UN Agencies).
STRUCTURE OF THE PROPOSAL TO BE SUBMITTED
- Executive summary: Describe your understanding of the work to be performed and your firm’s ability to perform the work within the timeframe given.
- Professional experience: How and why your firm is the best to deliver and consider this work.
- Team qualifications.
- Detailed audit plan
- Your fee proposal to conduct the basic audit function, along with your fee schedule for additional services that may be required beyond the scope of the audit engagement.
- Estimated number of days for audit work.
- Client references: List of three relevant non-profit clients the firm has served within the past three years.
How to apply
AUDIT PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
The proposal must be valid for at least 60 Days and must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm EAT on 18th March 2021.