REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Consultancy Services for Establishing Seed Nursery
RURAL LIVELIHOODS’ ADAPTATION TO CLIMATE CHANGE IN THE OF HORN OF AFRICA (RLACCII)
Sector: Agriculture Date Issued: 04 August 2020
Project ID. No: P-Z1-A00 – 023
Financing Agreement Reference: 5550155001402
The Federal Republic of Somalia has received financing from the African Development Bank toward the cost of Rural Livelihoods Adaptation to Climate Change in the Horn of Africa (RLACCII). It intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant to payments under the contracts for the Consultancy Service for Establishing Seed Nursery.
The services under this project include the recruitment of consulting firm for four Seed Nursery establishments and packaged in 3 lots
Lot 1: Establishing a Seed Nursery in Nugal, Puntland
Lot 2: Establishing a Seed Nursery in Awdal, Somaliland
Lot 3: Establishing Seed Nursery in Galgadud and Hiiran, in Galmudug and Hirshebelle respectively.
The purpose of this consulting and advisory services to facilitate the implementation and establishment of seed nursery for three areas in the project intervention locations, namely Galmudug, Hirshabelle, Puntland and Somaliland.
Duration of assignment: Nine (9) monthsfrom the date of award.
- Manage the overall Nursery Site Establishment including site clearance and preparation of seed beds,
- Lead the nursery team by example in performing daily duties required for the running of the nursery to full function,
- Supervise and implement tree production and inventory,
- Oversee inventory, purchasing, and crop management program,
- Train and guide team members and women groups in tree and fruit nursery establishment including pot filling and soil ratios,
- Ensure all equipment used is fit for purpose before use, fixing any faults/problems in good time,
- Train staff in horticulture and forest best management practices,
- Monitor and respond quickly to potential threats to the health of the plants,
- Ensure timely adherence to key steps in the plant growth protocol (e.g. transfer of plants from the propagation facility to the growing facility)
- Lead Consultant
- MSc degree or equivalent in Agriculture or related field.
- Horticulture Specialist
- Bachelor of Science in Horticulture or related field.
- Environment Specialist
Bachelor of Science or an advanced degreein environmental sciences or related field
- All the daily laborers and Nursery technicians will be recruited by the Consultant Firm
The IGAD Climate Prediction and Application Centre now invite eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may constitute joint-ventures to enhance their chances of qualification. Firms are free to bid for one or more.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s Procurement Policy, 2015, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org. A firm may express interest in one or more lots
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours, 08:00 hours to 16:00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered by email or to the address below by 25 August 2020 at 3:00pm and mention “Establishing Seed Nursery.”
IGAD Climate Prediction and Applications Centre (ICPAC)
Kibiku A Road, Near KIHIBIT,Ngong Town
Attention: Abukar Abdulle
P.O. Box 10304-00100, Nairobi, Kenya
T +254 070 604 9248