Request for Expression of Interest (REOI)
COUNTRY: Federal Republic of Somalia
NAME OF PROJECT: Somali Electricity Access Project
Somalia Off-Grid Solar Grant Facility
Somali Electricity Access Project (SEAP)
The Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) through the ministry of Energy and Water Resources (MoEWR) is implementing the World Bank funded Somali Electricity Access Project (SEAP). The project has three components (1) Electrification of households and small businesses through standalone solar home systems, (2) Analytic work for enabling electrification through Solar Powered / Hybrid Mini-grids and (3) Technical Assistance, Capacity Building and Project Management. This grant facility funds component 1 of the SEAP project in the form of The Somalia Off-Grid Solar Grant Facility.
The Somalia Off-Grid Solar Grant Facility (this assignment)
The grant facility aims (i) to support household and SME access to Lighting
Global quality verified Off-Grid Solar (OGS) systems across Somalia; (ii) to
support the growth of earlier-stage and/or local solar companies where possible;
- to enable distributors to sell products on a pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) basis where possible, thus increasing affordability; (iv) to promote off-grid energy access in remote and rural areas; and (v) to set a foundation for high-potential solar operators to access future funding to further scale operations in Somalia. The service regions for this grant is across the whole country with the exception of Somaliland.
The International Bank of Somalia (IBS) is contracted to manage this grant
facility.IBS is inviting small and mediumsolar distributers to submit an
Expression of Interest (EoI) for the Grant Facility. The applicants are required to
capture the criteria below in their EoIapplication:Shortlisted companies will be
invited to submit technical and financial proposals at a later date.
- Established local operations – Local companies with at least a one-year track record of selling Solar Off-Grid products and services.Provide list of locations in Somalia the company operates in. Provide business registration certificate.
- Finance: Provide financial statements for the last year either annual audited financial reports.
- Company’s Experience and Referees: Describe and list your experience in the industry andprovide at least three different reference letters.
- The technical and managerial organization of the firm. Provide only the structure of the organization and the total number of key staff and their qualifications -Do not provide CV of staff.
Candidates who have operations in rural areas,integration of environmental
and social safeguards including gender equality in their operations will be given a priority.
Project related documents such as project implementation manual (PIM) and Environmental and Social Management framework isavailable in the link below(www.ibsbank.so/projects (http://www.ibsbank.so/projects) ).
IBS will hold an information webinar on Monday 24thof August ( 10:00am to 12:00 pm ), where applicants’ questions about information related to the project will be answered. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com) to receive the link to the webinar no later than 9 am on Monday the 24th of August.
Interested companies may obtain further information at the address given below during office hours from 8:30 to 16:00 hours Mogadishu time (Excluding public holidays).All other enquiries must be submitted in writing via the email listed below. Please quote (REOI –Somalia Off-Grid Solar Grant Facility)in the subject line when submitting this REOI as well as when making any other enquiry.REOI documents should be delivered by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com) no later than 30thAugust 2020 at 17:00 Hours (Mogadishu Time).
Contact Person: Abdirizak Elmi Mohamud
International Bank of Somalia (IBS)
Maka al-Mukarama Street,
Telephone: 0614493921(08:30 – 05:00 work-days)
- firstname.lastname@example.org W. www.ibsbank.so