REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
FOR REHABILITATION OF OLD CLASS ROOM FOR GIZ TVET IN PUNTLAND STATE OF SOMALIA.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft fürInternationaleZusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is currently implementing its project to promote sustainable development through technical cooperation projects and serviced.
The project is rehabilitation of technical and vocational training in Garowe existing polytechnic institute and carried out by GIZ with funding European Union and German federal ministry of economic cooperation and development (BMZ) to improve Somali skilled labor.
- Demolition of the roof and fixing new roof including ceiling all internal rooms and office
- Removing all windows and doors replacing new windows and doors
- Repairing all cracks and increasing wall with casting RCC roof slap
- Fitting of electrical works.
- Removing top part of the floor and fixing new tiles all office and classrooms
- Repairing existing water tank and waste septic tank
- Applying decoration on all wall surface with roof
Tender procedure from invitation to tender until signing of contract is expected to take place between 20thof September 2020 and 15 of October 2020. Construction work is expected to be performed and completed approximately within 3 months from the date of signing of contract.
To qualify for consideration in the tender procedure, interested companies are required to submit the following information and documents for eligibility assessment:
- Contractor Must be registered and based in Somalia.
- Provide details of2 construction works of similar nature completed as main contractorfor the last three (3) years, giving details and contacts of details of work under way or contractually committed (3 references of each); and names and addresses of clients who may be contacted for further information on these contracts.
- Provide financial standing (audited accounts and bank statements) for the last three (3) years. Liquid assets and / or credit facilities of at least USD 143,000.00
- Valid tax compliance certificate.
- Provide proof of registration or incorporation certificate.
- Equipment capabilities (concrete mixer, Vibrator, Compactor and scaffoldings). The applicant should own, or have assured access (throughpurchase agreement, availability of construction equipment, or other means), and must demonstrate that, based on known commitments they will be available for use in the proposed construction Work.
- Copy of CV’s of Key construction personnel; site Engineer to have B.Sc Civil Engineering for minimum five years and the Formanto have Diploma vocational school an experience minimum five years and an undertaking that they shall be available for the contract.
- The qualification and experience of key site management and technical personnel proposed for the contract administration and execution both on and off site using the CV format. These should be accompanied by a summary table for all staff indicating the name, years of experience in similar assignment and the proposed position.
- Company details including full company name, full address, phone and email. Copies of original documents defining the constitution, place of registration, and principal place of business; written power of attorney of the signatory of the tender committee.
- Up to top ten companies highest scores will qualify for tendering (based on the attached evaluation scheme).
- Proof of atleast 3 managerial staff in the last 3 years (Architect, engineer and foreman)
The information and documents specified above shall be submitted to GIZ in PDF format between 20thto27th September 2020 at the latest to the following email address:
The subject line must be clearly marked as follows: “Expression of Interest for Rehabilitation of Garowe polytechnic in Garowe Puntland state”
Please do not send technical or price offer or other documents not requested.
Kindly note that complete tender documents will be sent to all companies that will be assessed as eligible by GIZ based on the information and documents submitted as specified above.
Eligibility and assessment grid for technical evaluation
|1. Evidence of financial and economic productive capacityTotal turnover of the last three years or other corresponding vouchers:
a) Between USD143,000. – to 160,000. –
b) Between USD160,000.01 to 180,000. –
c) Above USD180,000
|2. Technical aptitudea) List of major work in the last three years with details of the invoice sum, the performance period and the public and private sector clients
b) 3 number of staff in managerial staff in the last three years (architect, engineer & foreman)
c) Details of infrastructure, resources and technical equipment
d) Description of quality assurance measures.
|3. StaffInformative curricula vitae of the staff including site Engineer and Forman of the project and evidence of experience of comparable scopes of tasks||20|
|Total technical points||100|