REQUEST FOR CONSULTANTS**
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is a global humanitarian organization with a mission to work with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change. ADRA is seeking to recruit Consultants to carry on consultancies in the field of Education, WASH, Emergency and Food Security and Resilience
SCOPE OF WORK
The consultancies will be carried out areas where ADRA implements projects in the Sectors of Education, WASH, Food Security and Resilience and Emergency. The consultancies will provide technical support and coordinate various consultancies.
Consultancies will be offered in the following areas:
- Baseline surveys
- Project Evaluations
- Field/Feasibility Assessments
- Architects for school designs
- Engineers and Architects (WASH Engineers, Construction Engineers)
- Capacity Building
- Curriculums Development
- Development and review of policies and strategic plan
- Project Documentaries
- Trainings (PSS, GVB, TICC, Child protection, VSLA, Safety and Contingency, Screening and Intervention in inclusive education, CLTS, Nutrition and Cookery, Contingency planning and Resilience Building, PHAST and CHAST, Leadership and skills, Business and Mentorship.**
· Advanced University Degree in the relevant field.
· A minimum ten (10) years of relevant professional experience in the areas of Education, Food Security and Resilience, Emergency and WASH, teacher development, capacity building of education administrations, education economics and in the definition and implementation of sectoral policies in the economic sector;
· Experience in the relevant field in technical assistance project implementation preferably, particularly those under the above portfolio;
· Fully conversant with the principles and working methods of project cycle management, donor aid delivery methods. knowledge of the activities of multilateral development donors will be an added advantage;
- Solid knowledge of, and practical experience with gender analysis and planning;
· Full working knowledge of English and excellent report writing skills
· Competence and adequate experience in the use of qualitative and/or quantitative methods of data collection and analysis including: sampling, desegregation of data, structured and semi-structured interviewing, focus group discussions, and observation and triangulation research methods.
· Ability to interpret and analyse complex qualitative and quantitative data, and to present findings and recommendations in a clear and concise way.
· Excellent inter-personal communication skills including experience of facilitation and presentation.
· Ability to work equally well with communities and international organisations.
· Knowledge and sensitivity to political and social contexts of Somalia
How to apply
Interested applicants for these consultancies should send their applications including CVs and Profile to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 31st March 2022.
‘’ADRA Somalia is committed to upholding the rights of all children and vulnerable adults that we serve and those we interact with in the course of our work. We endevour to protect all from all forms of abuse and exploitation as outlined in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and Inter Agency Standing Committee (IASC) six core principles on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA). ADRA Somalia has zero tolerance to abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries and staff.’’