Overview of position
- This position is being advertised for a bid and is not a live requirement.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply for the role.
- CV’s of shortlisted candidates will be submitted as part of a formal bid.
- Develop & implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics & other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency & quality.
- Acquire data from primary, secondary data sources & maintain databases / data systems.
- Filter & “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts & performance indicators to locate & correct code problems.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data.
- Manage & design the reporting environment, including data sources, security & metadata.
- Provide technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining & data cleansing.
- Perform initial analysis to assess the quality of the data, further analysis to determine the meaning of the data & final analysis to provide additional data screening.
- Create & maintain rich interactive visualizations through data interpretation & analysis integrating various reporting components from multiple data sources.
- Use statistical tools to interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends & patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic & predictive analytics efforts.
- Prepare reports that effectively communicate trends, patterns & predictions using relevant data.
- Collaborate with the TL, Senior & Junior Consultants to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications & develop policies for data governance.
This role reports to the line manager.
- Appropriate seniority of personnel (project management, analysis, report writing, enumeration skills / data collection.
- Staff must have practical experience in project management, design of third party monitoring (including through mobile data collection e.g. tablet modalities) including systematic geodata referencing, analysis of data, report writing of third party monitoring reports.
- Staff with demonstrated experience and knowledge in program sections (WASH / nutrition / health / child protection / education) & demonstrated understanding of the social, political and security context in Somalia, with ability to conduct analysis & provide advisory services.
- Depth of capacity available (numbers of staff / consultants & assets supporting third party monitoring efforts), organogram detailing staff organisational structure, list of sub contractors used, materials / equipment / software to be used for data collection, storage and analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of local culture & dialects used by different communities.
This role has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using this link: