WV Somalia has a Talent management program whose ultimate goal is to develop a professional competent and motivated workforce for the next level of management and technical positions for the fragile context for now and the future. The program focuses on Technical and Leadership/management competencies as well as women empowerment.
The overal aim of this program is to;
- Identifying high potential talent who will be groomed for the next level of management positions and technical roles for now and the future. This will enhance the quality of management within WV Somalia and will also help promote the retention of potential staff while helping them to plan their career.
- Identifying and initiating development actions that are needed to support high potential talent to provide a continuous flow of talented people to meet WV Somalia needs. This will help ensure that there is systematic identification and development of an internal pool of potential talent to replace the occupants of key positions who may leave or vacate the position they presently occupy.
- Retaining staff in key positions and allowing them to groom their successors for a sustained retention program.
- Empowering women to develop to the next level.
- Building a talent pool for fragile context for now and the future.
Objective of the Training
WV Somalia has just successfully completed first Cohort of the program and graduated the particpants.The second Cohort of the Program is ready for kick off and will run for a period of Six months (March 2021– September 2021). One of the planned development interventions within the scope of the program is in Management & Leadership, of which we will require an external consultant trainer to apply innovative and effective methodologies to ensure that the participants gain appropriate knowledge and master the relevant skills in;
- Becoming better decision makers.
- Be equipped to handle the unexpected (change management process).
- Increase own perspective of how influential they can be and the effects that such influence can cause on the overall culture.
- Provide an avenue of insight on the fortes and positive aspects of the leader’s actions, styles, strengths & weaknesses.
- Effective conflict resolution skills.
- Team management, team building & mentoring skills.
Training Participants & Location
The Target Project Managers targets 16 participants who are from job Grade 14-16 and they are all Field based National staff. The training will be conducted online i.e via zoom. The program participants are spread across different project locations i.e Punland, Somaliland, South West State & Jubaland.
Scope of work
The scope and method of work highlights the general expectations of WV Somalia with regards to the training. The consultant will be expected to:
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver on the assignment with reference to the Terms of reference. This will include proof of professional competency, knowledge on subject matter and methodology to be used.
- Develop the training modules to be used during the trainings.
- Conduct training in line with objectives set on the stipulated number of days.
- Conduct an end of training evaluation to determine participant’s level of understanding of training content.
- Training report to be presented to the P&C Manager within agreed timeline. This will include the training evaluation report.
The expected outcome and deliverable are based on the scope of work outlined. The consultant will deliver as follows:
- Interpretation of the Terms of Reference [TOR] demonstrating clear understanding of the assignment based on the set objectives and expectations of WV Somalia
- Training modules for the training topics: General Management & Leadership.
- 2 spiral -bound copies of the Training report to be presented to the People & Culture Manager within agreed timeline. This will include the training evaluation report.**
- Soft copy of the training report.
- Recorded sessions of the trainings.
Your Technical proposal should include the following
1. Technical Proposal should include the following; **
a) Fulfilling training specifications listed based on this TOR**
b) Innovativeness of the Proposal: experience with organizations working with children and vulnerable adults, past experience on similar assignments, general development expertise and experience and cross-disciplinary skills (e.g.. social, economic and institutional development)
c) Work Plan for the Assignment: describing methodology and any requirements for successful implementation of the assignment.**
d) The CVs of the lead consultant and co-trainer[s]
2. Company Profile detailing the Following: **
a) Provide trainer registration with IHRM & NITA.
b) Provide a certified copy of a certificate of business registration, Certificate of incorporation, business license or similar document.
c) Provide a certified copy of tax registration, tax clearance certificates or similar documents
d) Provide information on ownership structure (Name of directors of the company / Owner)
e) Provide last two years of audited financial statements or tax filing, or similar documents
f) Provide references from previous clients.
3 Financial Proposal-
• Fee schedule for the training
• Payment terms
The consultant trainer will be expected to do the trainings in the month of April 2021. This will be a two day program but the actual trainings will be broken down into four half days trainings. Specific days of the training will be agreed on and communicated in good time to the consultant .
WV Somalia will facilitate the availability and connectivity via zoom for all the training participants.
- Mandatory Requirements **
g) Provide trainer registration with IHRM & NITA.
h) Provide a certified copy of a certificate of business registration, Certificate of incorporation, business license or similar document.
i) Provide a certified copy of tax registration, tax clearance certificates or similar documents
j) Provide information on ownership structure (Name of directors of the company / Owner)
k) Provide last two years of audited financial statements or tax filing, or similar documents
l) Provide references from previous clients.
*Bidders who will not provide the above mandatory requirement will not be considered for Technical Evaluation
- Technical evaluation by a Technical team. **
· Shall be based on the detail technical proposal provided above and evaluated potential to respond to the needs of the Secretariat; **
· Detailed work plan/activity schedule of how you intend to implement this activity till completion. **
- Financial Evaluation:
The financial evaluation shall be based on quality cost compliance and therefore all bidders are advised to submit the following:
· Pee schedule –showing calculation of services being provided
· Payment terms
Qualification Requirements and Terms and Conditions
WV Somalia needs the following qualifications and Terms and conditions from the potential offeror:
- 5 years relevant experience in provision of trainings in nature, scale and complexity commensurate with the present terms of reference, with already provided training consultancies possessing features required by these terms of reference; The company must have at least three previous similar contracts (similar by scope, nature and amount), preferably with international / intergovernmental organizations. Evidences of these contracts are required; references from other clients are highly welcome.
- Qualified and experienced expert in Management & Leadership, working under the general supervision and guidance of the People & Culture Manager. The proposed trainer/co-trainers should have solid experience in the provision of trainings in nature, scale and complexity commensurate with this requirement.
Roles and Responsibilities
· The Service Provider will:
– Appoint lead trainer/co-trainer/s in charge of this implementation to work closely with WV Somalia to ensure that trainings are accomplished successfully and evaluation done.
· World Vision SOMALIA office will:
– Provide logistical support and administrative support to the vendor. Facilitate the availability and connectivity via zoom for all the training participants.
How to apply
All interested bidders are requested to submit their Technical Proposals and Financial Proposals in Separate documents as attachments (Bidders who will combine both technical and financial proposals shall be disqualified) via email email@example.com on or before 10th March 2021.Bids received after deadline shall not be considered.
Email title should be;- Provision of Training Consultancy Services with WV Somalia
Your financial proposal should have your professional fee and any other related cost clearly tabulated. The financial proposal should not be part of the technical proposal, it should be a separate document.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for further interviews