Offered Salary 1000
Career Level Program/Project Management
Experience 3 Years
Gender Male / Female
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home**.**
The International Rescue Committee has been working in Somalia since 2006, providing essential services to conflict and disaster affected communities. The IRC has been operational in Central Somalia (Galmudug, Puntland and Southwest regions) and Banadir implementing interventions in the areas of livelihood, WASH, Governance, and peacebuilding, GBV, Nutrition, education and health reaching out to more than 200,000 conflict and drought affected people.
The Senior ERD officer will work under the direct supervision of the Resilience Manger. She/he will be responsible for the planning, implementation; monitoring and reporting of Livelihoods & ERD programs in the Galgaduud region of Somalia. The position holder will also be expected to work closely with the rest of IRC’s program and operations teams in the execution of his /her duties.
- Plan and implement all project activities as per the approved proposal and IRC’s policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the community leaders and the district local authorities in the project area.
- Mobilize communities in the project area in the planning, implementation, and monitoring of the project.
- Promote community participation through establishment of community linkages that recognize positive contribution to program interventions.
- Regularly update all project monitoring and data tools while keeping accurate records of the same. These will include among others. 3 w matrix, price monitoring sheets and reporting document
- Responsible for overseeing identification, selection and registration of all project beneficiaries based on the approved criteria.
- Responsible for the emergency cash-based response implementation.
- In liaison with the ERD/Resilience manager and ERD coordinator, review and approve project beneficiary lists before commencement of activities.
- In liaison with the ERD/Resilience manager and other relevant field staff, prepare weekly and monthly work plans for efficient and timely implementation of the project activities.
- Maintain up to date records of information of all project beneficiaries for follow ups and reporting.
- Compile timely and regular progress and circumstantial reports and submit to the Se when as required.
- Supervise assigned program staff to ensure they execute their tasks well.
- Support the ERD/Resilience manager in tracking of expenditures at the field level.
- Drafting monthly progress and donor reports
- Conduct regular field-based data collection activities.
- University degree in Agriculture, environmental sciences, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Economics, Entrepreneurship or any other closely related qualification.
- Minimum Four years proven experience implementing Economic recovery programs with particular focus in in Agriculture and rural livelihoods, Enterprise Development and Employment and financial inclusion, preferably in Somalia.
- Excellent communication skills, experience in communicating with executive management, strong project management skills and excellent interpersonal, organization, and negotiation skills
- Ability to multi-task and effectively handle stressful situations.
- Proficiency in basic statistical techniques including SPSS, data analysis and data interpretation
- Proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, EXCEL spreadsheets, e-mail, etc.
- Ability and willingness to work and travel throughout Galmudug state of Somalia.
- Commitment, punctuality, proactive, a good team player, ability to work under difficult conditions in the field, trustworthy, honesty, etc
- All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively with communities and stakeholders
How to apply
Apply the following link:
Gender Equality & Equal Opportunity: Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Diversity and Inclusion:At IRC, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Organizations that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, physical or mental ability, nationality, and perspective are validated to be better organizations. More importantly, creating a safe workspace environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best is the right thing to do. So, bring your whole self to work.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.