Offered Salary 1000
Career Level Program/Project Management
Experience 3 Years
Gender Male / Female
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Mercy USA is an independent and impartial non-governmental organization.
Applications will be considered in due process from anyone fulfilling the below requirements of qualifications and skills. Those applications matching the requirements of qualification and skills will be short-listed. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for an interview process and examination in which they have to prove their merit.
The interview and selection process will be conducted according to the internal regulations of Mercy USA and in agreement with a transparent, open and fair code of conduct.
REPORTS TO: DOCTOR
PLACE OF WORK: ELDIBIR
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and lead appropriate assessments of nutrition needs and capacities in target areas, including nutrition surveys. Analyze assessment data and synthesize findings in the form of concise and timely reports with clear recommendations
- Support the development and implementation of a clear action plan for the nutrition team to address the needs and build on existing capacities in coordination with other relief efforts
- Support/ lead the team of nutrition workers to continually provide
- Appropriate assessment of infant feeding practices
- Appropriate counselling for mother/child pairs in line with international guidelines
- Comprehensive screening, referral and follow-up for cases of acute malnutrition at community level
- Treatment services for acute malnutrition, including outpatient and inpatient according to national and international protocol
- Other food and non-food items as appropriate to various target groups
- Ensure accurate and timely monitoring of nutrition programme activities and outcomes and establish mechanism to ensure data quality
- Regularly review and use monitoring data to promptly inform and adjust programme implementation as needed to better serve the target beneficiaries
- Estimate, request and follow-up procurement of material needs for programme from appropriate sources (e.g. RUTF, nutrition equipment, other supplies)
- Represent Mercy USA at coordination meetings and with other partners, as requested
- Integrate other programme components (e.g. wat/san, health) with the nutrition intervention as appropriate
- Regularly supervise and provide on-the-job training for Mercy USA and MoH staff and local partners at facility and community level.
- Regularly prepare internal and external programme reports (monthly, quarterly, annual and as needed)**
- Trained as a Nurse and graduated from a recognized institution on Somalia
· 2-3 years in similar position
Work related skills
· Good organizational skills
· Good time management skills
· Strong communication skills, including ability to lead and manage remote
· Ability to work in harsh conditions
· Aggressive and Result Oriented
· Able to set targets and meet own targets on a monthly basis and follow up targets of reporting colleagues
· Able to meet deadlines
· Knowledge of local Language- Somali
· Ability to work under pressure
· Team player
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong customer relation skills
How to apply
Due to the nature of Mercy USA Operations, flexibility is indispensable and unavoidable.
Any interested candidate can send a CV and cover letter to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or Deliver hardcopy CV’s to our field office in Galkayo
The applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with the deadline to apply 18th June 2021.
What we stand for: – Mercy USA for Aid and Development is committed to creating and maintaining a caring and protective environment, which promotes its core values, and prevents and addresses child abuse and exploitation. We strongly condemn all form of child abuse and exploitation, be it within or outside of our organization, and always respond to any case of proven, alleged or attempted abuse within our sphere of influence according to its nature. Efforts ensure that mechanisms are in place to raise awareness, aid prevention, encourage reporting and ease response.
Mercy USA for Aid and Development does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, race, or persons with disabilities