Offered Salary 1000
Career Level Administration/ Finance
Experience 3 Years
Gender Male / Female
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Background of Somali NGO Consortium (SNC)
The Somali NGO Consortium is a voluntary mechanism that brings together local and international NGOs working in Somalia/Somaliland to encourage information sharing, cooperation, coordination and joint advocacy in order to better work together to improve the lives of Somalis affected by conflict, natural disasters, poverty. The Consortium aims to facilitate a more coherent NGO voice and assist NGO members to channel their concerns and suggestions to appropriate decision makers in the most effective format. NGO Consortium has offices Mogadishu, Garowe, Hargeisa. It has presence in Kismayo and Baidoa and it’s in the process of establishing its presence in Galkayo to better serve the needs of members present.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Director, the Executive Assistant will ensure effective and efficient functioning of the Director’s office, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines. The Executive Assistant will work in close collaboration with NGO Consortium Team to ensure efficient flow of information, actions on instructions and agendas.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
The Executive Assistant is a national position and reports to the Director and is part of the SNC C team with offices in Hargeisa, Mogadishu, Garowe, Kismayo, and Baido.
- Under the day-to-day supervision and direction of the Director, the major responsibilities of are as follows.
- Assist the Director manage multiple priorities and stay on schedule.
- Coordinate and manage the Director’s diary.
- Making appointments and travel arrangements for the Director. Maintains executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel
- Prepare first draft of documents, speeches, letters and reports – proofread work produced; edit and review documents drafted by others for dissemination by Director.
- Managing the Director’s emails and letters including summarising, distribution and follow up for action.
- Doing the logistics of the NGO Consortium Staff meetings.
- Recording and preparing the NGO Consortium staff meetings proceedings and minutes.
- Prepare and send NGO Consortium e-bulletins on weekly or bi-weekly basis
- Preparing and disseminating materials for meetings and conferences.
- Establish and maintain filing and records management systems to maximise information flow
- Maintain and renew membership records in collaboration with the Membership & Communications Assistant
- Take action authorised during Director’s absence and use initiative and judgement to see that matters requiring attention are referred to the delegated authority or handled to minimise effect of Director’s absence.
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned by the Director.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- The Executive Assistant will also support the Senior Finance & Admin Officer as follows:
- Manage the petty cash:
· Ensure that supporting documents/signatures are valid.
· Prepare petty cash vouchers.
· Be responsible for petty cash held in the office.
· Prepare Petty Cash Form, and request additional cash as necessary.
· Carry out cash count every two weeks.
- Undertake any other duties that may be requested by the Finance Manager.
- Reports to the Director
- Works closely with the Senior Finance & Admin Officer and Membership & Communications Assistant
- Cooperates with the NGO Consortium Secretariat (Advocacy and Communications Specialist; Partnership and Grants Manager, Regional Coordinators in Hargeisa and Mogadishu.
- Cooperates with the INSO Team and OCHA Somalia.
Contract: One year with possibility of extension.
Duty station: The position is based in Hargeisa/Mogadishu with travel to other field offices
· Bachelors degree and National Diploma in Business Management or equivalent experience that demonstrates similar capacity
- 3 years of experience in an administrative position
- Must have high level of diplomacy and ability to keep confidential information.
· Excellent written and spoken English – good grammar, spelling
- Should exercise high level of interpersonal skills, excellent organisation skills, problem solving, trust, confidentiality
- Ability to use one’s judgement, ability to collect, synthesise and report information including recommendations for action
- Proven experience in development and maintenance of multi-stakeholders networks and proactive coordination experience
- Proven experience in high quality production of reports and analysis.
- Good computer skills
Skills and Competences:
- Excellent communication, coordination and representational skills
- Capacity to deliver in structured and timely manner within set deadlines
- Demonstrated capacity to work with minimal supervision and maintain a high level of initiative and engagement. Demonstrated capacity to recognize when and where proactive action is required and to initiate timely and appropriate action
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with staff and other stakeholders. Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural team and to coordinate with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- He/she must be able to exercise a large degree of common sense and personal discipline. He/she must also display a high degree of diplomacy and personal integrity and at all times abide to working principles including impartiality and neutrality in all actions and work towards fulfilling the Consortium Mandate.
- The position requires the holder to be able to undertake tasking at short notice with due regard to the security environment. It requires a high degree of flexibility with respect to working hours.
- Decision Making Authority: Ability to make authorized decisions on behalf of the Director
· Experience with handling confidential data
- English (working language): fluent with excellent writing capacities
- Spoken and Written Somalia would be an asset
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV in a one PDF document to SOM.Recruitment@care.org latest by 25th January 2021. Candidates are required to quote the position title “ Executive Assistant ” on the subject line of the email when applying.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
“CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. CARE is Zero Tolerant organization for child abuse and sexual exploitations”