Offered Salary 1000
Career Level Program/Project Management
Experience 3 Years
Gender Male / Female
The DRC/DDG Somalia Programme is the largest programmes in East Africa region and has been providing relief and development services since 1997. DRC/DDG is among the INGOs with the largest presence in Somalia, with country-wide programmes implemented through six main sub offices in Somaliland, Puntland, Hiran Region, Gedo Region, Bay Region and Banadir Region. Using a human rights framework, the DRC Somalia operations focuses mainly on people who are affected by displacement, including refugees, internally displaced, and migrant.
Danish Demining Group (DDG) is a specialized unit within DRC which implements mine action and armed violence reduction (AVR) programmes. DDG’s mandate is ‘to create a safe environment free from armed violence and the remnants of conflict’, and DDG does this via a programmatic focus on four key sectors: Security Systems Reform, Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW) management, Mine Action and Conflict Management.
Overall purpose of the role:
- Ensure safe and timely transportation of DRC staff to any location in the area of operation in accordance with DRC policy and national safety rules and regulations, under the day to day supervision of the Fleet Assistant
- Responsibilities: –
- Ensure the availability of the vehicle for the transportation of staff at any time during working hours.
- Fill out the daily driver’s logbook and accompanying documents established by the organization.
- Be responsible for the use of the vehicle.
- Perform daily maintenance according to the driver’s manual and report any problems to the supply chain officer.
- Ensure that the car is clean, including the engine, car body and interior.
- Ensure that the vehicle is equipped in accordance with the driver’s manual at all times.
- Make sure all passengers wear their seat belts while driving.
- Ensure the continued safety of the vehicle and property inside the vehicle
- Observe traffic rules.
- Monitor the fuel level, equipment with an inflated spare wheel and its proper technical condition
- Carry out all other duties assigned by management
- The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- At least 3 years of driving experience with an INGO
- Excellent knowledge of Bari, Nugaal and Sanaag regions and all project sites under these 3 regions.
- Technical expertise for basic car repair; knowledge of the technical device of the car and its operation.
- Punctuality and adherence to rules and procedures
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality with respect to information and data related to work
- Secondary School Education
- Possession of valid driving license
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Somali: Excellent written and spoken
- English: Basic English (written & spoken) level or higher is preferable
ABOUT YOU In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Conditions Availability: 1st July 2021
Duty station: Bossaso & Garowe
Reporting to: Supply Chain Team Leader
Duration: 6 Months (Temporary)
Contract: This position is graded as Band K for qualified national staff and the terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC terms for national Temporary staff
The position is open to
SOMALI NATIONALS ONLY
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
Commitments: DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html). All DRC staff must be committed to the Red Cross Code of Conduct, as well as the Core Humanitarian Standards. Application
Application Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post. We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the online application on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies no later than 15th Jun 2021.