Offered Salary 1000
Career Level Administration/ Finance
Experience 10 Years +
Gender Male / Female
Qualifications Master’s Degree
DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition – we provide world-class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information, please see www.dt-global.com.
DT Global seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)-Operations for an anticipated USAID-funded opportunity in Somalia. Under the direction of the Chief of Party, the DCOP-Operations will supervise DT Global’s day-to-day operations, including with respect to program offices, logistics, procurement, assets, human resources, budgeting and financial accounting. The DCOP-Operations will ensure that operations tasks are completed in accordance with DT Global policies and procedures, Somalian laws and regulations, and USAID requirements, in particular by ensuring that all procurement processes are undertaken with fairness and transparency; communicated and perceived as transparent by beneficiary communities; and aligned with best practices of financial management and human resources. The DCOP-Operations will be responsible for day-to-day oversight and management of all operations staff in collaboration with HQ, as well as for ensuring donor reporting and management and implementation of project operations, under guidance from the Chief of Party (COP).
Reporting to the project COP, the DCOP-Operations will have demonstrated ability to work in complex environments and manage diverse teams to deliver impact. The DCOP-Operations must possess the intellectual, communications, leadership, and managerial skills necessary to develop, articulate and assist implementation of the program, and must be based in Somalia for the duration of the project.
· Oversee the day-to-day management of the field office, including finance, administration, operations, procurement, contractual and regulation compliance, and human resources.
· Supervise all operations, finance, procurement, and administrative staff.
· Remain up-to-date on all USAID and U.S. federal regulations and policies relevant to procurement and logistics and ensure compliance throughout the program.
· Oversee all procurement activities, ensuring compliance with USAID rules and regulations as they pertain to grant under contract management.
· Oversee security management procedures, staff training and performance of all security service providers for all program and field offices.
· Serve as Acting COP when the COP is on leave.
· Coordinate closely with the HQ Program Manager to ensure project objectives and requirements are compliant and on time.
· Investigate and identify new ways of achieving project efficiencies.
· Encourage mentorship and capacity building of staff; conduct operational trainings and refreshers as needed throughout the life of the project.
· Ensure staff operate in accordance with the Field Office Procurement Manual, Recruitment Manual, and the Employee Handbook.
· Ensure transparency in contractual reporting, financial reporting, procurements, hiring, and all other aspects of the project.
· At least ten (10) years of related project management experience.
· Master’s degree or equivalent professional experience in economics, management, public policy and administration, finance, development administration or any related field.
· Fluency in USAID’s policies and procedures concerning human resources, financial management, financial reporting, procurement processes, systems, and grant management.
· Experience with grants or small grants under contract programs (strongly preferred).
· Personnel and resource management, coordination, and decision-making skills along with an ability to troubleshoot.
· Experience working in Africa and post-conflict countries (strongly preferred).
· Demonstrated leadership, flexibility, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced environment.
· Also preferred: direct experience in strengthening urban and rural livelihoods, market systems development, and/or private sector engagement.
Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
Customer/Client Focused: Anticipates, monitors, and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
Diversity and Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.*