INVITATION TO PRE-QUALIFICATION CONTRACTORS TO PERFORM CONSTUCTION AND REHABILITATION WORKS IN SOMALILAND.
Action Aid International Somaliland (AAIS) is part of global federation working to end poverty and injustice with thousands of communities and millions of people across the planet guided by its strategy “People’s Action Towards Social Justice “that ensures coherence, aligning with the poor and excluded people, re-asserting women’s rights, strengthening accountability, and building resilience against shocks & hazards.
ActionAid International Somaliland is soliciting expressions of interest and submission of prequalification applications from qualified and experienced contractors for performing construction and rehabilitation work for the agency including but not limited to Berkads, schools, grain stores, shallow wells, earth dams, check-dams, gabion baskets, etc. in Somaliland.
- PROJECT DESCRIPTION
ActionAid is a global federation working in over 45 countries to end poverty and injustice with thousands of poor communities and millions of people across the world guided by its global strategy. ActionAid is implementing several projects with construction activities in Somaliland regions. Therefore, the works that the contractors are expected to perform mainly include the construction and rehabilitation of the following activities:
- Grain Stores
- Shallow wells
- Earth dams
- Gabion baskets
- Check dams
- INTENT OF PRE-QUALIFICATION
The intent of this pre-qualification process is to select a short list of contractors who:
- Meet the eligibility and qualification requirements as stipulated herein;
- Have technical expertise, management and workload capacity to perform the work in a timely manner.
- INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
- The pre-qualification is open to national contractors that are registered with the relevant Ministries of Somaliland.
- A bidder must have an acceptable history of working proactively to avoid litigation
- Provide minimum 5 years-experience for similar construction activities done for INGOs/UN Agencies with evidence.
- All information shall be in the English language
- Clearance/ permit letter indicating government taxation payment
- Provide Profile of the Company
- Submit copies of valid Company License and registration Certificate
- Provide Certificate of Ownership of the Company or any equivalent document.
- Provide ID/Passport copies for owner/s
- ActionAid reserves the right to check other sources available to verify information submitted in the pre-qualification applications. If an Applicant knowingly makes a misrepresentation, or an omission of a material fact, in submitting information to ActionAid, such misrepresentation or omission may be sufficient ground for denying prequalification to that applicant, rescinding the Applicant is prequalification.
- All clarifications for information should be requested from the ActionAid Procurement Unit via the following email address: email@example.com
Terms & Conditions:
- ActionAid accepts no responsibility and is under no obligation to reimburse applicants for the costs associated with preparation of their applications.
- The applicant must demonstrate that he/she has the financial strength, technical expertise, management capacity and workload capacity to perform the assigned work in a timely manner.
- Electronic applications will not be acceptable.
- Applications should include all documents stated in the eligibility section above.
- The applicants will be evaluated based on the information provided in response to the pre-qualification.
- ActionAid informs that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Manner of Submission
A formal application on the company letterhead must be submitted with all supporting documents by hand delivery to ActionAid Office in Hargeisa in a sealed envelope clearly addressed to: Head of Procurement Committee- ActionAid Somaliland, Prequalification application (Construction/rehabilitation) by latest on Sunday, 21st February 2021 at 4:00 pm, at ActionAid Hargeisa Office, Gantalaha Near Gandi School.