Terms of Reference
For proposal development consultants (Health and Food Security and livelihoods)
- STS international Solidarity
- Number of positions: One
STS international Solidarity Humanitarian organization was formed in the winter of 1992/1993 and arose in the wake of the Balkan conflict under the name of “Serving together social development” (STS). When the Common European Movement “International Workers Aid” was formed, STS worked with it to bring the multiethnic and multi-religious Tuzla to rescue. STS also stood for several projects during the 1993s in Tuzla, Macedonia and Kosovo and had a liaison office in Somalia.
In line with the organization’s development, STS in 1999 expanded to Somalia and helped to establish the vocational education and scholarly led organization, STS Somalia. The purpose of STS Somalia was to create a platform for organizations fighting for ignorance and poverty, human and sexual rights in Somalia.
STS International Solidarity works in Somalia’s regional states of Hirshabele, Galmudug, Southwest, and Banadir administrations on relief and recovery projects in health, food, and sanitation. STS has been collaborating with Somalia stakeholders such as the Somali government, regional administrations, and donors such as FAO, WFP, CARE, STS Sweden, and others since 1993. STS’s headquarters office is in Mogadishu, Somalia, with field offices in Merka, Afgoye, Balad, Jowhar, Baidoa, Dollow, and Beletweyne.
The primary objective of this assignment is to hire one qualified consultant who can develop competitive and high-quality proposals in the resilient food security, and livelihoods sectors this will maximize the impact and support of STS to the most vulnerable communities in Somalia.
The Consultant will have the following responsibilities:
- Understand STS background and strategic sectors, as well as its work in Somalia
- Carefully review the donor’s requirements for the call for proposals, and then identify all tasks required to complete the full proposal in accordance with donor’s interest and area.
- Confirm the work plan with the program team, finalizing the timeline for all tasks and assigning individuals to these tasks.
- Track the progress of all tasks against the work plan and make necessary adjustment as needed.
- Design: Perform internal/external desk analysis via literature review and meetings with the proposal team: STS program team.
- Work with all stakeholders to develop the proposal, including the logical framework,
- Writing/editing- the consultant will play a key role in proposal writing and editing from design to submission.
- Primary responsibility for completing the proposal
- Edit and incorporate other team members’ suggestions in the proposal.
- Deliver a high-quality product on time as per the given deadline in TOR.
- Work with STS’s executive director and finance manager to ensure that the narrative and budgetary elements of the full proposal are consistent.
Within the time frame specified, the consultant should submit to STS International a complete and comprehensive Full Proposal in response to the assigned donor’s guidelines.
The consultant will closely work with STS staff in the programme and finance to complete the following documents:
- Narrative proposal
- Logical framework
- The consultant will work remotely to prepare the full proposal and will be supervised by the executive director and head of M&E department of STS.
STS international roles:
- Provide the information/materials required by the consultant for the completion of the concept note/and proposal through the preparation of necessary documents and staff meetings.
- Organize meetings with STS field and technical teams as needed; and
- Pay the consultant fee in accordance with the contract.
- Facilitate any logistics/transportation services required
- He or she will have the following skills:
- A master’s degree from an accredited university in international development, public health, food security, agriculture, or a related field.
- 7 years of proposal writing experience
- Proven track record in projects involving food security, and livelihood and experience in a similar context of Somalia.
- The ability to collaborate with a multi-sector team and coordinate technical input into the proposal.
- Good program design skills, including the ability to prepare logical, coherent, and consistent proposals with related budget and log frames.
- Fluent in English (both reading and writing)
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Understanding of operating conditions in a volatile environment; Somalia
How to apply
If you feel that you meet the above requirement on this request, please send us the following documents: Cover letter, CV, and copies of academic qualifications with daily fee in USD.
Note: Kindly indicate your preference towards the sector: Health and Food Security/Livelihoods while you are writing your application.
Please send all your documents in the Zip folder to email@example.com
Closing Date: 25/01/2023
Kindly cc to firstname.lastname@example.org