Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe is a German international humanitarian assistance agency with its headquarters in Berlin. It has regional offices in Africa, Asia, and Latin America, as well as country offices in its priority countries, which are responsible for the coordination of aid programs. DKH’s operating model is structured around implementing projects exclusively through a network of local partner organizations. As such, DKH’s core business is partner support and partner strengthening.
The ToGETHER program aims to support localized humanitarian action in eight countries, including Somalia. The program is looking to support the capacity strengthening of the Local Humanitarian Partners (LHPs). To sufficiently apply these standards, the LHPs staff that are directly involved in the ToGETHER program will be capacitated. As part of this process, Diakonie is looking to engage an expert who develops digitalization policy for the 5 LHPs.
- The objective of the consultants
The main objective of this consultancy is to develop a standardized digitalization policy as part of digital transformation with the incorporation of data protection, management, and usage guidelines, the following objectives are set to achieve meaningful and guiding policy for the ToGETHER Project.
- Under take review session for LHP’s to review existing documents, guidelines, and tools of IT and digitization policy.
- Collect main priorities from LHP’s and digitalization policy.
- Develop and disseminate digitalization policy.
The consultant will employ different methodologies to obtain information needed in the write-up of the digitalization policy and mainly cover the following aspects:
- review of an existing document in place by DKH and propose ways of adapting it to the Somalia context and working culture of the Local Humanitarian Partners
- Conduct face-to-face interviews with the LHPs” s (PFP and CSC members)
- Practical activities of group discussions, group assignments, and presentation for finding out gaps and key priority areas
- Draw the policy skeleton from the partner’s priorities
- Conduct consultative sessions for policy development.
- Expected Outcome
In line with the above objective of the work, it is expected that deliverables would include the following:
- To conduct 5 assessment and consultation days with LHP’s
- To complete 5 days of workshop and 15 days of digitalization policy development.
- To provide necessary guidelines and tools to support policy development
- To produce a full report after the end of the policy development workshop.
- Location and Duration
The overall duration of the assignment is 20 days. 15 paperwork days and 5 workshop days that will take place in Mogadishu in January 2023. A few days after signing the contract, the consultant will provide Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe with the technical plan for implementing this consultancy that will articulate the overall requirements of the ToR, including a proposed methodology, and work plan with clear timelines, and a financial statement.
Skills and qualifications
- 7 years experience working in IT with or on data management and protection
- Previous experience in carrying out organizational mapping and assessments and developing guidelines on data protection
- Experience writing technical guidance and policies and compiling diverse datasets
- Certified training and seminar lecturing experience would be an advantage
- Experience in organizing and facilitating training, workshops, participatory activities, and other events aimed at the promotion and adoption of ICT
- Strong ICT background and IT literacy
- Experience working with humanitarian and private sector actors an advantage
- Experience with and understanding of humanitarian assistance and its uniquely challenging operating environments is a distinct advantage
- Experience and understanding of working with local partners is a distinct advantage
- Experience with organizational change processes
- CaLP membership and/ or engagement on global platforms and events on ICT, data protection, and humanitarian (cash) work is desirable
- Experience in the Somalia context will be added advantage.
How to apply
Please forward your application (technical and financial in USD proposals, including VAT) in PDF format to: email@example.com by 11/12/ 2022.
Consultants who meet the requirements should submit a technical and financial proposal which should include the following:
– A suitability statement, including a commitment to availability for the entire assignment.
– A brief statement of the proposed methodology including a detailed plan.
– A detailed financial proposal that should include daily cost per major activity.
– Updated curriculum vitae that spells out qualifications and experience and includes 3 referees to validate good work for a similar assignment.
when you are applying quoting the Subject as Digitalization Policy development – ToGETHER Project. Incomplete applications will be considered inadmissible for further review by the selection panel.
For questions on the application process please contact the same email address (firstname.lastname@example.org ).