CALL FOR CONSULTANTS
Solar Energy Technicians and Engineers
The Nordic International Support Foundation (NIS) is looking to increase its pool of solar energy expert consultants for various short-term assignments and missions in our country programmes and other locations as needed.
The Nordic International Support Foundation (NIS) is a Norwegian-registered non-profit foundation engaged in stabilisation, community recovery and reconciliation initiatives, in conflict and post-conflict areas. Its primary areas of intervention are institutional development, basic public service delivery, and community recovery measures. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, NIS currently implements projects in Mali, Myanmar, and Somalia.
By utilising the latest solar technologies to increase access to the benefits of affordable electricity at multiple levels – from communities with public lighting and mini-grids, to households with pico PV and water irrigation systems – NIS aims to deliver tangible and “experienced” improvements to conflict-affected communities in various contexts.
Types of assignment: site visits and assessments, services and maintenance, trouble shooting, energy audits, project installations, start-ups and commissioning, as well as training. Separate contracts will be established for each assignment based on specific terms of reference.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- At least 7 years’ experience in field services; preferable in PV. Proven record
- Excellent attention to details – and quality in work
- Hands on and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
- Ability and willingness to travel and undertake assignments in conflict and/or unstable political contexts
- Ability to coordinate with NIS (Oslo and country offices) and relevant stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (other languages an asset)
- Good people skills and a solid team player
- Experience in relevant computer tools
- A challenging and rewarding portfolio of responsibilities with a forward leaning and innovative team
- Competitive fees
How to apply
Interested experts should submit their CV, motivation letter and two references via our dedicated online system, which may be accessed at: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/b670cf2a2fce4ebead88f4d6c0f37526
Kindly direct your questions regarding this Call to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applicatons submitted in other formats will not be considered by NIS. Short listed candidates will be contacted for interview after the closing date.